- Oh, no, wait, we do get to see Chise's intro, it's just that linear time is for other people. Lex has pointed out that that's why the mission numbers at the start of the episode are there and don't match the episode numbers – so that you can match them to the chronology. I guess that makes sense!
- But now that we've jumped forward to see Chise's conflict within the team (duty vs friendship and whether or not she's trusted), we've jumped back to how she met the team: leaping into one of their missions and nearly getting shot.
- (Q: Susan, isn't that one of your preferred meet-cutes?
A: ... Do not ask me any further questions.)
- Poor Princess, she got judged as expendable and of an appropriate level of importance to deal with a country that apparently no one else cared about. That's bleak! And rude! But also she seems to be trying to do her best to be a good hostess!
- ... Legit, if this wasn't an anime, I'd be squinting at this going "Are you going for... What, trying to highlight how ~different~ the not!Japanese people are?" (it never says they're Japanese; just that they're from a "small island nation in the East" or something) And the princess is so flustered!
- (But Chise, seriously, how did you manage to beat everyone to this country on your own?)
- (Dorothy is being run by that player who always rolls seduce on the NPCs just to see what happens and the GM is getting more and more "... You know what, I don't even care, he looks appalled that your boobs are two inches from his face and tries to be polite about it.")
- All I'm getting from Tobo Jubei "sank an entire an entire battleship!" is Gimli yelling "THAT STILL ONLY COUNTS AS ONE!"
- CHISE'S INTRO INVOLVES DOROTHY AND ANGÉ ASSUMING THAT SHE'S AN ASSASSIN AND TRYING TO FIGHT HER, A+, I WANT THEM TO BE BEST FRIENDS.
- The princess telling Angé that she wants her and Chise to be buddies is just delightful, because Angé's face.
- Huh, Angé is supposed to be seventeen.
Or she's lying again.SURE WOULD BE NICE IF THIS SHOW DIDN'T MAKE THEM ALL LOOK ABOUT FOURTEEN. Also, holy crap, we've found someone that Angé pulls the "I'm from the Black Lizard Planet" thing on who is just like "Oh, okay, that makes sense!" (Seriously, Chise compares her to Princess Kaguya, who was from the moon, and says that this means that her fighting skills make sense now.)
- WILL YOU GIRLS STOP RANDOMLY REDISTRIBUTING CARDS THROUGHOUT THE CAR, YOU ARE TOTALLY JUST CAUSING CONFUSION IN THE RANKS. ALSO HOW DID PEOPLE NOT CALL YOU ON JUST SNATCHING HANDFULS OF CARDS FROM THEM.
- Oh boy, Chise learned a song from her father that makes pain go away and her father was totally killed by this assassin! Sure hope there's nothing significant about that no wait it's all obvious from here on out, who am I trying to fool.
- Dorothy spotting the caretaker signalling to the soldier and going off to see who's responsible!
- ... Like, I assume that the original plan was that he was going to remove the bomb from his leg to put it on the train, and when Dorothy rumbled him he improvised and that's how the whole... Ripcord thing happened.
- The plan with the extra train looked so much easier than trying to smuggle extra people onto the original train.
- Noooo, suit dude! I liked you! Especially because you went straight to the sensible option of "Can we just stop the train?"
- SERIOUSLY THOUGH THE DUKE OF NORMANDY IS JUST LIKE "THE PRINCESS IS EXPENDABLE." And I think the attackers even yell about the Duke of Normandy helping them! What politics are in play that they can't act against this douchecanoe?!
- (Lex pointed out that apparently Normandy is still a British colony in this universe, which is... I think it stopped being anything to with Britain IRL in the 1800s? So I'm trying to work out when the hell this world branched.)
- I love the way that Princess Principal shows Angé's fights and flight, I think it looks really good! Especially the moment where Chise grabs her and spins them both to throw them at the other train. (Plus: she is the girl that gravity forgot, so she does things like stand sideways on a door to shoot the people inside.)
- Beatrice, who can't fight, who hates guns, whose hands shake whenever she has to hold a weapon, leaping in front of the people she's protecting to point a gun at the assassin! ;_________________;
- ... Okay, if Beatrice's dad hadn't used her for medical experiments, she'd have been beheaded by that attack, and I have no idea how she'll react to that?
- It might just be coincidence, but the Lord that is the target of the assassination looks like he's covering Beatrice and protecting her, which is a really nice touch.
- (OF COURSE they have to run into points at some point, it's England.)
- The princess being the one to think of stopping the train and Angé trusting Chise to solve this problem enough that she goes with it. ;_;
- (Of course Angé knows enough about the train that she can shout instructions to the princess from a completely different train. Of course.)
- I guess separating the two trains might have a) been difficult, and b) caused them to derail anyway?
- I was right, the assassin was Chise's father and everything is awful.
- ... Like, I don't THINK there was any mark that they'd buried any bodies, I don't remember seeing any overturned dirt, just the marker stone.
- Chise trying to sing her song to get rid of the pain in her heart and it not working, and her tears – good work, you got me, that was emotionally affecting, that was well done.
- DOROTHY WHY ARE YOU DRINKING WINE WHEN YOU WERE IN AN EXPLOSION – okay, I guess it's because you were in an explosion, you are fine and have Totes Healthy Coping Strategies. And Beatrice fretting over her when Beatrice was nearly beheaded augh I am going to have to write fic, this is terrible.
- "I introduced him to Control."
"How dare you seduce him!"
B-Beatrice, it's possible she... Didn't seduce him...
- I dunno, I guess I'm just kind of impressed that the story still has the Imperialist "Let me show you how we do it here [without meeting you halfway or anything.]"
- BUT YES, now we have the whole team together, are we going to move forward in linear time or are we going to jump forward and back some more? TUNE IN NEXT WEEK.