OKAY, WE MADE IT. We're finally at the episode that derailed me and my planned schedule for these reaction shots like TWO WEEKS AGO. I need to write this up, write some fic, watch episodes eleven and twelve, and then I can finally go on twitter again. This is Thursday, by the way, I haven't been on my twitter timeline in over 24 hours and I don't know who I am anymore.
THIS EPISODE: THE FIRE NATION ATTACK.
THIS EPISODE: THE FIRE NATION ATTACK.
Links: Link to watch Yuri On Ice on Crunchyroll
Lost in translation post where someone highlighted mistakes in the subs.
My reaction thread on twitter.
Dreamwidth posts: First impression, episode one, episode two, episode three, episode ten, after which I had to loop back to start and shriek loudly about episodes one to three again. Episode four, episode five, episode six, episode seven, episode eight, episode nine
- I would like it noted, that when I refer to the fire nation attack, I am talking EXPRESSLY about the end credits sequence not the church.
- Oh god, I have got so used to talking about this obliquely that I'm not sure I can talk about it straight on anymore! Okay, we can do this. We can do this.
- This episode is from Victor's POV! That's nice! And unusual! I guess it's because it's kinda a recap episode before everything goes to hell? But there's a surprising amount of plot and relationship development for that.
- "Two l-words come to mind: life and love. I've been neglecting both for over twenty years." I can't tell if he's being melodramatic or if he's really dedicated himself to skating to the exclusion of all else. ... Why not both?
- I thought this was the pool episode and it's not!
- "I thought, other than me, only a Russian would be stupid enough to get in the pool this time of year. I guess I was right." And Chris shows up with booze! And a ridiculously short dressing gown!
- "And here I hoped to go skinny dipping."
"Don't let me stop you. I'll even take photos for you."
Look, someone else can write the fic of these two flirting and/or platonically banging, I ain't doing it and you can't make me.
- OMG Victor gets his own little stand in on the explanation screen! With a little fluffy Maccachin!
- Holy shit, Victor actually remembered an event of emotional significance to someone else! That never happens!
- Like, I think Chris might honestly be the closest thing to a friend that Victor has. Even if it's just the two of them always skating together in competition. ... Also I just really like Victor's assessment of Chris as a person (Q: Susan, did you choke on your drink a little when he described Chris as sexy on and off the ice while taking cheesecake photos? A: Maybe a little.)
- Yurio: *is about to flip out at his fans*
Lilia: *SHUTS THAT SHIT DOWN*
Yurio: *hates his life forever*
THANK YOU LILIA.
- "He's a tomboy cat" what does that even mean. I assume it was something like "feral" in the original? Because I don't think tomboy cats are a thing, and calling someone a tomcat has very different associations.
- As a fangirl, I am unsure how to feel about Yurio's fangirls. As someone who has heard stories about in-person fans and sports fans, maybe I'm less weirded out?
- Yurio: *is in shock*
- FUCKING JJ. UGH.
- Man, Yurio hates having fans and was about to call them ugly himself... But god help anyone else trying to diss them.
- "I think he's the one named Jean-Jacques Leroy" I WAS RIGHT VICTOR DOESN'T REMEMBER HIM AND DOES NOT CARE, AND JJ HAS DEDICATED HIMSELF TO BEATING VICTOR. Man, I hope JJ find out.
- (Yurio's face in the background is precious.)
- "He has a certain unapproachable quality the other competitors don't." He's a cock, you can say it Victor, we're all thinking it.
- Oh god fangirl riot in the background.
- Otabek: *wants nothing to do with this nonsense*
- Yurio: *is geared for a fight*
Otabek: *having none of that either*
- OMG Phichit's phone image for Yuri is Yuri's dog. PHICHIT YOU ARE TOO PRECIOUS.
- Phichit resisted the urge to go off taking selfies and doing tourist things as long as he could! He tried so hard!
- "I feel he's also peerless when it comes to skillful selfies." YOU ARE NOT WRONG, SIR.
- "Yuri says he's the only foreign skater he considers a friend." 1) Yay Victor caring about Yuri's opinions, 2) aw, is Chris not your friend too? 3) I want ALL OF PHICHIT AND YURI'S DETROIT ADVENTURES, 4) do we think Victor pouted that Yuri didn't count him?
- "jet-lagged sleeping beauty" Bless. ... OMG Yuri why do you keep your glasses on the bed, that could end so badly. Also is it just me or does this look like they've pushed their beds together?! *squints at later shots where it looks like maybe there's a gap? IDK*
- The Ice Castle made him a new sign! ;_;
- Okay, it's eight months since Victor showed up at the end of episode one. Got it.
- Aw, Victor being genuinely fond of Yuri and Hasetsu and reminiscing!
- ... Who did you rope into taking that photo, you guys.
- I like how Yuri doesn't ask people where they are, he just checks on instagram. A+ use of social media, show.
- Oh god, Yuri's brain cutting together the other competitors doing great with his own worst failures is SUCH A DICK MOVE. YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT, LOOK AT ALL OF THE JUMPS YOU LANDED TO GET HERE.
- "Help me Victor" ;_________________________________;
- Chris and Victor diving onto Yuri's bed like madmen makes me giggle. Especially because they're freezing! And Yuri's response is a lot of shrieking and "Quit clinging to me! Both of you!"
- FUCKING. JJ. Thank you Yurio for sharing my wrath at that smug dickhead.
- "I recommend a good night's rest to prepare for tomorrow's short program" Victor says, like he's an actual sensible person and never one blew off a good night's rest to goof around the night before a competition.
- (Okay, I went to bed, came back, and it turns out that the reason this document was in eye-strain mode wasn't that it was zoomed out so that I could see the full page while writing, it was that at some point due to copy-paste shenanigans around episode four, the font size had dropped to 7.5. Everything I've written has been about twice as long as I though. ... Well.)
- Ha! Yuri calling Victor on his shit! "Don't be such a model coach now. This is my first time in Barcelona, so take me sightseeing." Yuri. Yuri this sounds like you're demanding he take you on a date. Yuri is that what's going on here. I mean, either way Victor's got you covered, but look! Progress!
- OMG this tourism montage is so great. <3 Also holy shit that is a lot of bags considering that's ALL VICTOR'S STUFF. You have to get a plane out of this city wherever you end up going, Victor! How are you getting it all back with you!
- "It's unusual for Yuri to suggest sightseeing." Something is up and I don't know what, but. Also, if this is what he thinks is the last time he's going to hang out with Victor...
- "It might mean he's just that nervous this time around." HE'S ALWAYS NERVOUS, VICTOR, ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS, OH MY GOD.
- "I think you should burn the suit and tie you wore at that press conference." VICTOR. HARSH.
- (OMG though Victor having suits made for Yuri might be relevant to my interests, someone has written that fic, right?)
- Oh no, missing bags! *starts twitching because guess who has a specific twitch about leaving things behind and losing things that belong to other people*
- FANGIRLS: DON'T STALK PEOPLE WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU. Like, this is why I'm weirded out by the depiction of fangirls in this show, because that's a level above and beyond what I'm comfortable with.
- OKAY, but I want there to be so many AUs about Yuri and Otabek on the run together because this can only end well. (Q: Susan, are you going to put that in the Shadowrun AU? A: I'M NOT WRITING A SHADOWRUN AU.)
- Yuro: *is sceptical about getting rides from strangers*
Yurio: *also does not want the maenads to find him*
- "News that the hero of Kazakhstan kidnapped the fairy of Russia spread across the world like wildfire." ANOTHER NICKNAME FOR YURIO, OH MY GOD. I bet that one really pisses him off. Also, continued use of social media: good job!
- "However, the hero didn't lure the fairy out on a mere whim." 1) I love Victor's super melodramatic narration, like all the world is a storybook. 2) WHERE IS MY GODDAMN FAE AU, SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE WRITTEN IT, IT'S BEEN LIKE AN ENTIRE MONTH.
- "Yurio thought they had nothing in common, but five years prior they had actually trained together at Yakov's summer camp." YURIO DOESN'T REMEMBER IT BUT ALSO IT WAS EXTREMELY EMOTIONALLY SIGNIFICANT FOR OTABEK. NOTE THIS DOWN IN YOUR COPYBOOKS, IT MAY COME UP LATER. *sips tea intently*
- (I think squeemu pointed out that the theme of this episode is something like discovering friends you never knew you had, and if I do remember that right it's a really nice way of putting it!)
- "Yuri Plisetsky had the unforgettable eyes of a soldier." ... Wow.
- "I had just moved my home rink from Moscow to St. Petersburg. I was desperate. I'd decided that I wouldn't complain until I was good enough." THIS EXPLAINS SO MUCH ABOUT HIS CHARACTER, OKAY, he has no patience for giving up or people being in the doldrums over their skating because of this! ... What are you counting as good enough, Yurio? When you have a gold medal? When you've beaten whoever you declare to be your rival that season? What?
- Oh god, I want everyone to win. Everyone is doing it for such good reasons and deserves it so much... Except FUCKING JJ of course, he can be in a hole.
- "Are you going to become friends with me or not?" *SHRIEKS*
- Yurio doesn't have any friends! He barely even has people he's friendly with because of his shitty personality! He's got people who like him, but few people he openly likes! And Otabek just lays it out there!
- They shake hands on being friends! OMG!
- "Now back to the main story, where I'm shopping with Yuri." XD
- YURI FREAKING OUT OVER LEAVING THIS BAG SOMEWHERE IS MAKING ME FREAK OUT BECAUSE I'VE DONE THIS AND IT'S AWFUL AND I FEEL GUILTY NO MATTER WHETHER THE OTHER PERSON SAYS IT'S OKAY OR NOT AND OH GOD WHAT IF VICTOR'S MAD, WHAT IF HE SAVAGES HIM AGAIN NOPE NOPE NOPE
- Even when he was like "Nope, you can't fix that, the shop's closed," I was bracing for something unkind, but he's just like... "Let's head back! You must be tired!" and I am just D: D: D: I can see why Yuri snapped at him.
- Victor's birthday is Christmas Day! I didn't know that. I guess it's less of a problem in Russia because they do New Year's instead of Christmas? And Yuri trying to do something nice for Victor and it not working. :(
- "I try not to drink before a competition."
THEY ARE DEFINITELY THINKING OF DIFFERENT THINGS, HERE, I CAN GUARANTEE IT TO YOU.
- They are both shutting each other down and it's distressing me and I don't know what to do with this. I'm sure it would be fine if it wasn't for the bag, but!
- "When Yuri's searching for an answer, his eyes sparkle, even if he doesn't say anything." ;_;
- "I'll just watch over him without making conversation." I was just thinking to myself "Victor watches Yuri so closely and this is kinda nice" and then he says that! *lies on floor* This and Chris' "He's found something to protect" is just aaaaaaaah.
- HE'S FOUND IT. The squinting even with his glasses on is kinda great. (I've just realised that he's carrying ALL of the bags, come on Victor. I guess Yuri volunteered? Or Victor was a ditz and it didn't occur to him that Yuri WOULDN'T carry all of his bags, whichever.)
- That expression is SUPER DETERMINED and Victor is just "??????" in the background.
- "It's a lucky charm" YEAH, YURI, SURE IT IS. "It's also a thank you gift to Victor for all of his help." YURI, THE TIME FOR DENIAL HAS BEEN, GONE, AND RETIRED TO THE BAHAMAS, LOOK AT WHAT YOU'RE BUYING
- VICTOR IS LOOKING AT WHAT YOU'RE BUYING.
- HE IS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED BY WHAT YOU'RE BUYING, THIS IS THE BEST THING
- (Can you pay in instalments if you're in a different country? Also I am terrified of how much those cost if he has to pay in installments.)
- *takes a short break before this scene to SCREAM INTENSELY and get it out of my system*
- "Sometimes, when backed into a corner, athletes can act completely unexpectedly." Victor I don't think that's what's happening here.
- HE GOT THEM RINGS HE GOT THEM MATCHING RINGS AND HE'S PUTTING ONE ON VICTOR IN FRONT OF A CHURCH WHILE A CHOIR SINGS AND I CAN'T
- I AM DEAD.
- THEIR HANDS ARE SHAKING, BOTH OF THEM ARE SHAKING, THIS IS SUCH A GOOD DETAIL AND ALSO IT IS KILLING ME BURY ME WHERE I LIE.
- "Thank you for everything up to now. I... I couldn't think of something better. But, um... I'll try my best from tomorrow on, so... Tell me something for good luck." I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO START! Victor is just – in shock. He looks like his brain is rebooting and he doesn't know what he's feeling. I don't know what level of "better" Yuri's wanting here, because aaaaah. And all he wants is Victor to tell him something for good luck! While Yuri is literally putting a ring on him!
- SHIT LIKE THIS IS WHY I HAVE TRUST ISSUES ABOUT QUEER REP, COME ON YURI YOU PRETTY MUCH PROPOSED TO HIM LAST WEEK.
- God, Yuri looks terrified.
- Victor! I don't know where you got the other ring (I assume that's the good luck charm that Yuri bought!) but Victor counter putting a ring on Yuri! (VICTOR'S HANDS ARE STILL SHAKING, OKAY I CANNOT DEAL. And I need to check this one with justira but apparently in Russia wedding rings go on the right hand?)
- "Tomorrow, show me the skating that you can honestly say you liked best. That's the only shortcut to a gold medal that I know." ;_;
- YURI'S FACE. VICTOR'S FACE. *WAILS*
- Ahhhhh, them wandering through town with their arms around each other! *WAILING INTENSIFIES*
- "I have absolute faith in what you decide, Yuri." ;______________; NO VICTOR, DON'T, LAST EPISODE HE WAS PLANNING TO SEND YOU AWAY, DON'T TRUST HIS DECISION MAKING SKILLS.
- MARI IS DYING OH GOD, HELP. Also hey! Mari is here with Minako! That's nice, she's here to support her brother!
- "Yurio looks like he's enjoying having tea with someone!" I don't know which part they're more shocked by, but the fact that Yurio looks HAPPY is what's getting me here. Otabek and Yurio look so happy! Like they're having fun!
- STOP FOGGING UP THE WINDOW, YOU TWO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
- "YURI, WE NEED A HUGE FAVOUR" YOU TWO, OH MY GOD.
- Yuri must love his friends very much if he is willing to call all of the skaters he knows in Barcelona for Mari and Minako to sob with joy over. I can absolutely believe that they would sob over being so close to that many attractive men, because look at that table. ... Let's be real, it was probably either Victor whio called everyone or Yuri phoned Phichit and Phichit was on it.
- I am just envisioning Victor swanning into the restaurant, interrupting Yurio, and kidnapping everyone outside before anyone knows what's happening.
- Chris and Phichit are completely unphased and this brings me great joy.
- "You're way too happy about this" They're at dinner with six of the best skaters in the world right now, that is the correct level of happy. (Agh, and they're asking how much they should pay for making this happen I love them.)
- Yurio is so grouchy about the entire thing.
- They're taking pictures of the food and making sure Yurio gets fed, I am filled with joy. Also everything looks delicious and I haven't eaten yet today.
- OKAY, BRACE YOURSELVES, THE FIRE NATION ARE GEARING UP.
- "Last year I was always by myself, even at the banquet." WAIT FOR IT.
- "I couldn't even talk to Victor! :D" WAIT FOR IIIIIIIIT!
- VICTOR: *SPIT TAKES* Yuri! You don't remember?! D:<
- "Yuri, you got drunk on champagne and started dancing. Everyone saw it." Chris says with so much fondness. THIS IS PROBABLY WHY HE WAS FINE GRABBING YURI'S ARSE IN PUBLIC, LET'S BE REAL.
- YURI: *DIES*
Chris and Phichit: :D
Minako and Mari, who have probably seen Yuri drunk: :|
Yurio: GRRR ARGH
Otabek: What the fuck is with this fork.
- "I was dragged into a dance-off and got humiliated too!" YURIO I'M SURE YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO DANCE, YOU ARE JUST A COMPETITIVE LITTLE SON OF A GLITCH. BUT ALSO THIS SURE EXPLAINS WHY YOU WERE GUNG-HO ABOUT NOT LOSING AT THE ONSEN ON ICE.
- Yuri: DANCE OFF?! WITH YURIO?! *CONTINUES DYING INSIDE*
- Chris just there like "I did mine with a pole dance, half-naked" which 1) is probably an image that will keep Minako warm at night when she realises what he said, 2) I firmly believe that Chris was stone cold sober when he did that and I will fight people over this.
- YURI: *DIES HARDER BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT THIS MEANS*
- "I start going off the rails when I drink, just like my Kyushu born-and-bred dad, so I was trying to lay off, but..." And there he goes! Replaying what little he remembers of the banquet!
- You can see Yurio and Victor in the background of the shot where Yuri's being dragged in by Celestino, both of them looking over specifically at Yuri.
- "Since he couldn't mingle well with other skaters, he kept drinking champagne, and..." Holy shit, Yuri, that is a lot of champagne, are you okay
- Oh no. Oh no.
- (On the plus side it at least looks like other people were dancing to start with so the dance-off wasn't completely unprecedented! Kinda! Ish!)
- "I still have videos of what happened!" Victor says, and I am totally willing to believe those were a TREASURED COMFORT during the last eight months of confusion over why Yuri was acting like they'd never met before.
- Yuri hears there are pictures: INSTANTLY DIES.
- I was there going "Holy shit, Phichit must REALLY love Yuri if that one didn't make instagram within five seconds," but he wasn't at the Grand Prix last year! He couldn't have been at the banquet taking photos! But people must really love Yuri if they kept that under wraps to the point where this is the first he's hearing of it. Like, no one at all in the last year has mentioned this party to him. NO ONE. And that is impressive.
- Phichit, looking at Chris' photos (that YURI HASN'T SEEN YET): !!!!!!!
- "I want to see!" yell the women at the table, and I can't tell if it's so that they can laugh at Yuri or perv on Chris.
- Victor is showing Otabek, who probably has the LEAST investment in this, and Phichit has taken Chris' phone to handle showing Minako and Mari.
- "What's with the rings, you two?" *Everyone at the table turns round again*
- VICTOR IS SO HAPPY AND PROUD OF HIS MATCHING RINGS
- Phichit: *puts 2 and 2 together, gets VERY HAPPY FOR HIS BEST FRIEND*
- "CONGRATS ON YOUR MARRIAGE! :D :D :D :D"
- OMG PHICHIT CANNOT KEEP THIS NEWS TO HIMSELF, I AM JUST IMPRESSED HE YELLED IT TO THE RESTAURANT BEFORE HE GRABBED THEIR HANDS FOR THE INSTAGRAM PHOTOS.
- Minako and Mari: Ugh...
Otabek: *has no idea what is going on so is just clapping for them*
Yuri: *FRANTICALLY TRYING TO DIAL THIS BACK*
- Victor: Yeah, don't get the wrong idea.
Yuri: *probably sighs in relief in the background*
Victor: This is an engagement ring. We'll get married once he wins a gold medal. Right, Yuri?
Yuri: D: D: D: D:
- Yuri: *visibly becomes aware of the blood that's been thrown into shark infested water*
- LOOK AT THAT TARGET VICTOR HAS JUST PAINTED ON YURI, LOOK AT IT.
- FUCKING JJ. NO ONE CARES, YOU'RE ALREADY ENGAGED TO SOMEONE WHO FOR SOME REASON APPEARS TO WANT TO MARRY YOU.
- I like how JJ shows up and everyone IMMEDIATELY LEAVES.
- I ALMOST feel sorry for him when he yells "I was just joking!" but also FUCKING JJ.
- I like how the two things we have that are the closest things to antagonists are 1) Yuri's anxiety, 2) some douche who's a good skater but doesn't really bother anyone. Figure skating isn't competitive in the same way that other sports are (the best way I can think of to explain it is the actual competition isn't interactive?), so you don't get the characters who are ACTIVELY EVIL in this, or who are trying to sabotage other people. It's nice!
- I'm glad Yuri sleeps in his wedding ring, because I do and Lex doesn't and this seems really weird to me.
- I was so alarmed for a second, like "OMG where's Victor and why has he left Yuri behind D: D: D:"
- Victor standing by the sea, silently looking at his engagement ring in the sunlight gives me emotions and I don't know what they are.
- SUDDENLY: YURIO!
- What is it with Yurio suddenly appearing via kicking things!
- "Victor Nikiforov is dead" is a very dramatic way to put it, kid. But then that slow turn Victor does, silhouetted by the rising sun, is pretty fucking dramatic on its own.
- "Why do you look so happy to be looking after that damn pig?"
- "Did you want to compete against me?" The fact that Victor goes through this entire conversation with a tiny smile on his face is a little terrifying.
- Victor: *grabs Yurio by the face*
Yurio: The ring you got from that pig is garbage. I'll win just to prove how incompetent his owner is.
YURIO. WHAT THE FUCK. YOU WERE BONDING WITH YURI JUST THE OTHER DAY, WHAT – Well, actually, thebaconfat raised a really good point about how Yurio HATES people who give up, which is what he sees Victor as having done, and also being motivated by SPITE. So if you look at a lot of his worst speeches as trying to goad people into getting their shit together, he doesn't look better but he makes more sense. And he's not being a shit to Yuri, he's being a shit to Victor and using Yuri as a weapon to hurt him, which makes more sense to me.
He is being an unutterable little shit, don't get me wrong, but I can grok this particular flavour of little shit he's being.
- Also the fact that Victor doesn't dignify any of that with an immediate response PLEASES me. Also lazulisong pointed out that this and the luring Yurio in for an interview in episode eight is like the only time we see him touch someone who isn't Yuri or Yakov.
- "If I'd stayed in Russia as a competitor, Yurio wouldn't be this motivated to fight. And neither would I..." SEE, I TOLD YOU, VICTOR-AS-OBSTACLE IS A THEME! And Victor consistently baiting Yurio makes a lot of sense with what Baco said and with that theme! And I am pondering Victor being motivated to fight, because that's terrifying.
- "This place reminds me of Hasetsu's ocean."
"I thought that, too."
- Victor understanding that other people love Yuri when Yuri doesn't makes me flail.
- (thebaconfat linked me to this post analysing this scene, and I quite like it!)
- Minako demanding that Mari take her picture is pretty great. ... Did neither of them go to Yuri's last Grand Prix Final? D:
- MICKEY DID YOU LEARN NOTHING. ALSO BLESS EMIL FOR SHOWING UP ANYWAY TO SUPPORT SALA.
- Seung Gil is not interested in Sala's nonsense.
- Nooooo, the stream is down! D: D: D: D:
- Georgi is on a date! Good for him! GROW AS A PERSON, GEORGI, I'M SURE YOU'LL GET THERE EVENTUALLY.
- OMG, everyone is gathered to watch the final! And Minami got to join in OMG! :D :D :D
- *ENTRANCE MONTAGE INTENSIFIES*
- I love this end credit's sequence. I didn't the first time, I was gonna skip it? And I am SO GLAD THAT I DIDN'T BECAUSE I WOULD HAVE MISSED THE FIRE NATION ATTACK.
- DANCING YURI! DANCING YURI STOLE ADDITIONAL CHAMPAGNE, OH GOD THIS IS NOT SAFE. DANCING YURI HAS MANY CONCERNED PEOPLE IN THE BACKGROUND.
- I assume that's Victor's phone considering the background photo is Maccachin. Also someone has pointed out that Victor has four digits worth of photos of Maccachin. And five of the actual banquet. ... Or it could be Yuri's, I'd allow that because Yuri would absolutely take thousands of pictures of Victor's dog.
- ... Oh, wait, no, no one Yuri knows goes to events in Russia and the last Grand Prix Final was in Sochi! I understand now!
- I was kinda expecting Yuri to be a terrible dancer and I don't know why because tht is LITERALLY HIS JOB. Mila and Yurio in the background though.
- This dance-off looks GREAT, especially because Victor's there at the back cheering them on and taking photos. Yuri and Yurio are going ALL OUT!
- WHY WERE THERE POLES THAT COULD BE DANCED ON. HOW DID THEY KEEP THIS QUIET CONSIDERING HOW MANY PEOPLE HAD THEIR PHONES OUT!
- Chris was sober when he got mostly naked, fight me.
- They are both SURPRISINGLY GOOD AT POLE DANCING.
- Q: Susan, thoughts on Chris and Yuri platonically banging? A: ... I... Don't know...
- Yuri and Victor dancing! Victor dancing a way aways from Yuri at first and slowly getting closer!
- THEY BOTH LOOK LIKE THEY'RE HAVING SO MUCH FUN, VICTOR LOOKS LIKE THIS IS THE MOST FUN HE'S HAD IN A ROOM FULL OF STRANGERS
- Is this Yurio's camera? Judging by the food background and the Russian text? That is a lot of pictures of that dance off, which I guess makes sense.
- THE FIRE NATION ATTACKED!
- Yurio: Is full of rage and dishevelment!
Chris: Is mostly naked and speculative!
- "After the season ends, my family runs a hot spring resort, so please come! If I win this dance-off... You'll become my coach, right? Be my coach, Victor!" EVERYTHING ABOUT THE FIRST FEW EPISODES MAKES MORE SENSE NOW! Victor comes to the resort because he was invited! He becomes Yuri's coach because he was invited! He lets Yuri and Yurio fight over him because they've already done that! He is touchy-feely with Yuri because Yuri was touchy-feely with him! He's confused about Yuri's behaviour for MONTHS until he finds out that it's just because Yuri DOESN'T REMEMBER, not that he doesn't like him! EVERYTHING MAKES MORE SENSE NOW!
- THIS IS WHY I CALL IT THE FIRE NATION ATTACK. I LITERALLY HAD TO GO BACK AND RUN OVER THE FIRST FEW EPISODES BECAUSE I NEEDED TO RECONTEXTUALISE IT FOR MYSELF.
- Oda Nobunari? WHO?
- This is your reminder that one of the creators specifically took to twitter to tell everyone (if I remember the translation right) that Yuri On Ice is set in a world without homophobia and she would die to make that world a reality and I just. ;__________________________;