OKAY, IT LOOKS LIKE WE'RE DOING THIS. *drinks* I wasn't sure if I was gonna do the whole series, but I guess I might as well?
Yelling about episode one here!
Yelling about episode one here!
- ... Oh man, everything is super short if I ignore the credits, this is SO WEIRD. *backs away slowly*
- This is the most DRAMATIC break-up I have seen in a while. Yakov is yelling at him in the snow! There is dramatic music playing as Victor says goodbye! And then "YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THAT WHEN YOU'VE NEVER DONE AS I SAY IN THE FIRST PLACE!" :D :D :D
- ... Minako, why is there just a pile of snow on your head. What are you doing.
- (I like that she went "I can't get through to his mobile so I am GOING ROUND TO HIS HOUSE.")
- YURI'S MUM IS CALLING HIM VICCHAN AND I CAN'T TELL IF HE TOLD HER TO DO THAT (PLAUSIBLE) OR IF IT'S JUST HABIT FROM THE DOG (ALSO PLAUSIBLE.)
- Minako: *freaking out in a corner*
Yuri: *freaking out in a corner*
Victor and Yuri's mum: :D :D :D :D
- I love caterpillar Yuri in the recap, that's kinda adorable.
- YES, THAT IS THE CORRECT FACE FOR YOUR HERO/CRUSH SHOWING UP NAKED IN YOUR HOUSE.
- This man has an unreasonable amount of muscles and apparently the water in this bathhouse is opaque. O_____o
- Minako is very well-informed! (I am kinda picturing Yuri considering turning his phone back on to try to find out what is happening and then just... Putting it down again. Nope. No one should have to face that potential explosion.
- "Victor came here because he chose you, Yuri!" THAT IS THE CORRECT FACE, OH MY GOD. ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING THE HEARTCLUTCHING GOING ON.
- I love the red-haired Russian skater, I can never remember her name.
- IT'S NOT THAT YAKOV IS DONE WITH VICTOR'S SHIT, BUT ALSO I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT YAKOV'S PAIN.
- ... Guys. Guys. Have you just been sitting there watching him sleep like he's a new puppy or something. Because I'm pretty sure this entire evening has involved him falling out of his clothes.
- MINAKO YOU CAN'T JUST TELL PEOPLE THAT YURI GAINS WEIGHT EASILY, THAT'S RUDE.
- "He was only allowed to eat it when he won a competition."
"Have you eaten it recently?"
"Why? You haven't won anything."
THERE IS THE RECORD SCRATCH MOMENT.
- I COULDN'T WORK OUT IF VICTOR IS AN ASSHOLE WHO HIDES IT VERY WELL, IF EVERYTHING HE DOES IS A DELIBERATE THING, OR IF HE IS JUST GOD'S PRECIOUS IDIOT AND IMMUNE TO THINKING OUT THE CONSEQUENCES OF HIS ACTIONS. I'M PRETTY SURE I RULED OUT THAT FIRST ONE BUT I'M NOT SURE ABOUT THE OTHER TWO.
- ... Victor, did you pack up the entirety of your life to move in with Yuri. Like, I get bringing the dog, but it looks like you brought everything else too. ... How long was he planning on staying?! What would he have done in the extremely unlikely event that Yuri said no?!
- (I'm kinda just picturing Yuri carrying all of those boxes himself, bless him. Also that room looks huge to me, how big are they usually?)
- AGAIN, IS HE GOD'S PRECIOUS IDIOT OR DELIBERATELY FUCKING WITH PEOPLE: I CAN'T TELL. He is perceptive enough to tell Yuri is anxious! And just *hand gestures* about the cause!
- ... Wow, this is an impressive degree of steamrollering. And falling out of his clothes, because I swear that top was fastened thirty seconds ago.
- APPARENTLY Victor is 100% gender-neutral when he's asking if Yuri's ever had a significant other, which I think is quite nice.
- Victor: *rolls to seduce*
Victor: *appears genuinely confused*
- SHIT LIKE THIS IS WHY I CALL THIS SHOW QUEERBAIT ON SKATES.
- Presented without comment:
- VICTOR NO THAT IS NOT HOW BONDING WORKS, I'M PRETTY SURE YOU DIDN'T HAVE A SLEEPOVER WITH YAKOV WHEN HE STARTED TRAINING YOU. ARE YOU ACTUALLY A HUMAN BEING OR ARE YOU SOME STRANGE FAE BEASTIE TRYING TO PRETEND.
- ... I haven't looked, but I ASSUME that there are minimum twelve different fic where Victor is a fae prince or other supernatural entity. I'm sure bluemeridian will have links to them soon enough if there are?
- *HIDES POSTERS OUT OF SHAME*
- "We've barely even spoken because I've always put him on such a high pedestal, and now he's right here..." I KNOW THIS FEELING.
- OMG YURI BEING HAPPY, I am so pleased for him, he spends so much of his time not being. ... Or not recognising, whichever.
- OMG the skating rink family's reactions. ♥
- I love watching people doing their fancy skating stuff in sweatpants and t-shirts, it makes me irrationally happy. (I guess true skill is making it look good without the costumes?)
- How do you surpass someone by imitating them, Yuri?
- HE CAN'T BELIEVE HE INSPIRED VICTOR I AM DYING
- No, I'm back, Victor is a charming arsehole, everything is fine.
- I love Minako so much. I wonder why she encouraged him into skating? ... I want the spin-off show about her past as a dancer. ;_; Also apparently it's a thing that real-life figure skaters often have ballet experience in their background, which I didn't know!
- Yuri frantically avoiding talking about ex-partners delights me.
- "Really? Ninja?! :D :D :D :D"
- "HASHTAG: NINJA!"
- Bless these adorable precious nerds.
- Why does it not surprise me that Yurio has cats. (Also: THIS IS WHY I DO REACTION SHOTS. BECAUSE I MISS SHIT IF I DON'T.
- Oh god, run, run, the swarm of people is terrifying!
- VICTOR WHY DID YOU DO THIS, WAS IT ON PURPOSE? ... IT WAS TOTALLY ON PURPOSE WASN'T IT.
- I love the montage of Yuri working out, it makes me happy. But you can't track time by how he looks, because they draw his weight super inconsistently anyway! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
- Yurio: *is an amazing tourist snapping photos and humming to himself like a precious little soul because he forgot he's mad* *is also in disguise*
- If Victor is uploading TONS of photos then I'm pretty sure he's doing this on purpose...
- THIS WAS THE POINT WHERE I WENT "OH MY GOD, YURIO IS THE EMBODIMENT OF jilliferium!" SHE WOULD ABSOLUTELY GET DISTRACTED FROM HER RAMPAGE BY INCOMPREHENSIBLE FASHION AND FORGET THAT SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ON A SECRET MISSION.
- Oh god baby Yurio is so tiny and precious.
- Victor is the worst and most irresponsible influence. *clutches face* And Yurio believed in him!
- I like how unfased the Hasetsu natives are by all this.
- ... The food cut-ins make me hungry. :( WHICH REMINDS ME, did we all watch Sweetness and Lightning because I did and I cried a lot.
- The triplets freaking out over Yurio delights me.
- That is some GOOD AIR on that kick, oh my god!
- Triplets: *record this*
- "You make him take a whole year off –" I'm impressed that anyone thinks Yuri had anything to do with this plan, because if Victor managed to give the impression that Yuri even knew he was coming then that is SKILL.
- THE LOOK ON YURI'S FACE WHEN HE REALISES YURIO IS UNDERESTIMATING HIM. *CLUTCHES FACE*
- "Victor came all the way to Hasetsu because he wanted to, just to be my coach." The absolute serenity of that moment kills me.
- SEE PREVIOUS POINT ABOUT HOW THIS ROUTINE LOOKS GREAT IN SCRUFFY CLOTHES.
- "Judging from that look, I'm guessing I forgot some promise I made! :D" OH MY GOD YOU ABSOLUTE FLAKE HOW ARE YOU ALIVE.
- Yuri doesn't say anything! He visibly doesn't want Victor to go, but he doesn't say anything one way or the other! ;_;
- This man is unreasonably talented if he can just come up with two or three routines in less than a week, Jesus Christ.
- "Victor will do whatever the winner says!" THAT IS NOT A REASONABLE THING TO DEMAND YURIO WHAT ARE YOU DOING.
- "I love that sort of thing!" D: ... Someone has probably written that fic as well and again, I am not looking for it.
- THOSE TRIPLETS ARE A FUCKING MENACE.
- Even now, Yuri and Victor are being Best Uncles to Yurio. ("It's not like you care what I think." XD) I love how Yuri's family just casually adopt everyone he brings home like this is all perfectly reasonable.
- HOW OLD IS THIS SISTER.
- Yuri sees Victor laughing and just freaks and I love him so much. ;_; YOU ARE A PRECIOUS ANXIOUS PANDA AND I LOVE YOU.
- Victor's face when he realises Yuri's taken off pleases me.
- Minako is dressed super nicely! :o
- "Whenever Yuri gets anxious, he always wants to practice." I... Kinda agree with her assessment of Yuri? He makes up for maybe not being the most confident or most talented by working at it, and that is impressive on its own. And Yuko specifically points out that he hates to lose, which makes sense with the amount of work he puts in!
- I like how Victor is getting a better grasp of who Yuri is by talking to everyone BUT Yuri. I guess it's easier when he has maybe three friends in town.
- "Whether or not this is my last season depends on this!" Oh god, oh god, suddenly the stakes got higher and I can't tell if this is Yuri catastrophising or if the show is legit trying to scare me.
- "Have you ever thought about love?" he asks the two people least likely to think about love IN THIS ENTIRE SHOW.
- I am actually not much of a fan of On Love when no one's in motion? I mean, they're fine? But I wouldn't listen to this for myself, if that makes sense?
- Victor: *AGGRESSIVELY TROLLING HIS STUDENTS WITH MUSIC CHOICES TO SURPRISE HIS AUDIENCES AND MAKE THE YURIS MOVE OUT OF THEIR COMFORT ZONES*
- LOOK AT THIS FUCKING SAVAGERY.
- HE IS SUCH AN ARSE AND I KINDA LOVE HIM.
- "If I skated this program, I'd win for sure." That is confidence. Plus I have no idea how to react to the blasé way he says "Sure" to going back to Russia. Like, does he not care (which is fair, it's only been like a month, he might not!)? Does he think Yuri's going to win so it's not going to matter? Is he planning to "forget" he agreed to that? ... GOD DATING VICTOR WOULD BE THE WORST, I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR FUTURE, YURI.
- HE JUST WANTS TO WIN AND EAT KATSUDON WITH VICTOR, THAT'S ADORABLE.
- I don't think Yuri has an instagram account, but my headcanon is that his friends make him one so that he can keep track of all of the photos and give them the correct degree of likes, and then it just turns into photos of Victor's dog and so many photos of Victor doing ordinary boring things that he's taken because he loves him. And probably selfies with Yurio where Yurio is REALLY AGGRAVATED by his annoying uncles but Victor insisted.
- "I wonder, which one of you will be able to satisfy me?" Victor says in the preview, while the camera pans over his naked body. "I'll statisfy you for sure!" Yuri stammers while Victor cups his face in his hands. #QUEERBAITONSKATES. (Where is my trashy Mills&Boons style fic, guys, I'm assuming there's at least one where Victor is a prince and Yuri... Happens.)