- There is something about January/February that just knocks me and my productivity for six. I have had a cold and the worst PMT I remember having in a while, which took me down for two weeks, but I remember being a disgrace this time last year as well. Come on Susan, pull yourself together, you can do this.
- I need to write up my notes from the talk me, hardlyaverage and envexenveritas went to on Pink Triangle prisoners in the Third Reich, which was... It was... Like, I thought I was okay? I took a lot of notes? And then after the talk finished I actually looked at the words that I'd written and just started shaking. That evening was a lot of "queer penguins huddling together for safety against an uncaring universe" ngl.
- I have started playing FFXV (thank you stubacca01 for lending me your copy!), got about three chapters in, and it's... ( Sure a thing? )
- I am reading so many books and it's nice! And then I go "Oh god, I am behind on everything!" because my writing time and my reading time are the same pool of time! ... This is probably why I am failing at things.
- I have swapped my week per page diary out for a day per page, and I don't know if it's the novelty or actually having defined times to write things down and wanting to record exact progress with my books, but I have been using my diary a lot more! madebyjenni got me functional-yet-adorable stickers. (I am burning through these book stickers at a rate of knots, and these dice ones are marking my games.) I got so excited that I went and bought myself more because I actually have SPACE to put them in this diary! THIS IS PROBABLY A MISTAKE. BUT IT IS A REALLY CUTE MISTAKE THAT WILL PROBABLY LEAD TO MANY STICKERS ALL OVER MY DIARY.
- I think I goofed up at work because I didn't finish a task I was given and forgot to write the explanatory note ("I have no idea where these go and didn't want to guess because we'd never see them again.")
- ... I'm sorry I'm complaining so much, everyone, my brain is doing the "You are a failure!" dance, and I KNOW better than to pay attention to it. I know that once I get back to finishing things I am going to feel so much better, it's just the finishing things when I feel low bit that's difficult.
It'll be fine, I'm just at the "But what if I sit quietly in a corner under a blanket and stare at the wall" part of winter. Regular service will resume when I start being able to tick boxes again.