This year has SURE BEEN A YEAR, guys, but look! Look at us! WE FUCKING MADE IT. (Disclaimer for if the world ends between me hitting post and this hitting your timelines: TOO FUCKING BAD, HALF OF THE WORLD IS AHEAD OF ME AND AT LEAST FIVE PEOPLE I LIKE HAVE MADE IT OUT OF THIS NIGHTMARE HELLSCAPE OF A YEAR! \o/ \o/ \o/ )
But in the spirit of walking out of 2016 with two middle raised and a smile on my face, here is a small selection of good things that I remember happening this year!
- LADY BUSINESS GOT NOMINATED FOR A HUGO, FUCK YES. Not only that, we came second! I AM SO PROUD OF US, BECAUSE WE FUCKING SMASHED IT.
- I wrote so much, guys. I wrote so. Much. I don't care about the quality, I did it and that's the most important thing! I wrote for ladybusiness! I wrote for The Lesbrary! I wrote for me, and I have written for me every fucking day this year whether I wanted to or not! That matters.
- My baby sister has gone back to uni to get a masters, and Lex has got a promotion, and I may still be at my library but I have been trying out for jobs and finding out where I might fit!
- I finally got round to do things that I've been threatening to do for literal years. Like signing up for that sign-language course, and getting my ears pierced, and using my words when things are bothering me!
- I have consumed so much good media this year, guys, SO MUCH. I am so stoked about the stuff I've read and played and watched, and I got to hang out with my friends for most of it, either in person (for the video games and boardgames) or online (for the books and TV and audio stuff!). THANK YOU FOR SPENDING YOUR TIME WITH ME EVERYONE, I LOVE YOU AND I APPRECIATE YOU DOING THAT.
But hey, we made it! We survived, and we're here, and I am proud of all of us. We did good. We're going to do better, and I want you all to know that I love you and I am proud of you. Happy new year, everyone!
Play us out, John.